|Ok I was asked how do I make the liver cake treats I sometimes use.|
Here is the recipe and the method of making. Enjoy.
Liver Cake Recipe
Liver cake is my favourite weapon of choice when it comes to tasty treats. Dogs love liver but can be too rich for them. Liver cake is the choice of many obedience and show handlers. It's inexpensive, not as rich as rare liver and can be frozen.
- 1Lb (450g) lamb or ox liver.
- 1Lb (450g) self raising flour.
- 3 eggs.
- milk or water.
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug.
- Add an equal volume of milk or water to the measuring jug and whisk.
- Blend the liver in a food processor.
- Add the egg mixture and blend to a sponge mixture consistency.
- Empty contents into a baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Divide into 12 pieces and freeze.